So these are pretty popular in japan nowadays. They’re these sandwiches made with a sweet japanese milk bread that are filled with whipped cream and strawberries.
When I first saw a picture, I assumed they were just using some cake as the “bread” and was like, oh man, it’s a cake shaped like a sandwich.
But no. It’s a sandwich.
I was a little weirded out at first, but then I was like, “fuck it lets make this shit”.
So I spent all day on the bread, and just whipped up the cream and cut the strawberries minutes ago and took my first bite of this simple but weird creation.
Lord all-fucking-mighty that was good.
10/10 would foodgasm over again.
Try this recipe, you won’t regret it.
Ichigo Cream Sandwich
- Make the Japanese Milk Bread by following this recipe
- Once the bread is cooled off, start to cut about 3 slices.
- Cut the crusts off of the bread slices and then cut them diagonally.
- Now for the whipped cream. Make that shit by following this recipe.
- Once that’s done, slice up your strawberries (slice more if you want) and prep them for placing onto the sandwiches.
- Cover both triangle bread slices with whipped cream, then put strawberry slices on one of the creamed up triangles, then top it with the other whipped cream’d bread triangle and bam. Strawberry and Cream Sandwich.
- You can like add other fruits if you want, or make it into a weird psuedo cake by covering it in chocolate sauce or something.
AND BAM. RECIPE DONE. Are you proud? You should be. Unless you didn’t make your own bread and you (GOD FUCKING FORBID) used canned/premade whipped cream.
I can accept not using home made bread, since it does take forever, but lord almighty if you don’t use your own home made whipped cream and you use that gross chemical stuff instead i will eND YOU.
ahem. now that we’re all calm, enjoy your weird but hella good sandwich, yo. Enjoy that shit.